The Isle of Bute Festival of Cycling or Rothesay Weekend as it’s also known, has for many decades signalled the end of the Scottish road season. This year’s weekend takes place on 15 and 16 September and offers equal prizes for both men and women.
All of the races are organised under the TLI so you don’t need a British Cycling or UCI racing licence to take part. You can join the TLI beforehand or simply buy a day licence when you get there. This will cover you for the whole weekend.
- 11:00 Junior event (1/4 mile) All ages
- 11:15 Senior event
- £100 1st Prize donated by The Bike Shed Bute
13.45pm Circuit of Bute 2-Up TT (World famous 21 mile circuit of Bute)
Port Bannatyne 10mile TT
- 11:00 start, min age 12 yrs
- Race sponsore
- Race sponsored by Bute BackPackers
Isle of Bute Road Races (2 laps of world famous circuit of Bute)
- 14:00 2-lap APR event (40 miles) Min age 16yrs
- 14:00 Ladies Road Race (40 miles)
- 14:15 1-lap Novice event
- Race sponsored by Velo29 Performance Bikes
Prizes for all ages categories
In line with all TLI events there will be prizes across the age categories. There will also be the following prizes worth noting…
- £100 – Men’s Yellow Jersey prize for best combined points total over the 1st three events
- £100 – Ladies’ Yellow Jersey prize for best combined points total over 1st three events
- £200 1st prize in the APR event
- £100 1st prize in the Ladies Road Race
- Rothesay Weekend Annual Trophy for best club performance
The Rothesay Weekend 2012 is being supported by Mr. Norrie Drummond.