Bex Heath and Ellie Gilham travelled to the testing circuit of Capernwray for the 3rd round of the Womens National Road Race series.
The small field of 30 riders that took to the start line is testament to the challenging nature of a circuit that suits the climbers.
The group split on the very first time up the climb, which they were to tackle 5 times, and Bex was in the select few that made the cut of about 10 riders. A couple of attacks on the hill saw 3 riders go the road with Bex chasing to try and bridge the gap over the top of the climb. Up the hill on the final climb and Bex attacked the group she was with to claim 4th place and a silver medal in the North West Regional Road Race champs.
1. Sarah Storey, For Viored
2. Tamina Oliver, Abergavenny RC
3. Sarah Byrne,
4. Rebecca Heath, VC St Raphael
5. Penny Rowson, Matrix Fitness/Prendas
6. Lowri Bunn, Abergavenny RC
7. Laura Massey, Vivelo-Bikes/Inverse Cyclaim RT
8. Molly Weaver, Scott Contessa
9. Claire Galloway, For Viored
10. Laura Murray, Velocity 44 Stirling